* * *
In other news, I picked up a used copy of I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith, this afternoon. I'm very excited to fall into it. I remember seeing the film some time ago -- and being quite moved -- but I'm fuzzy on most of the plot. I think I'll really begin it tonight, before bed. What are you reading at the moment?* * *
I'm completely itching to rearrange everything that's hanging on my cupboard walls. I've been digging simple compositions, and I sometimes feel as though I've got too much going on in such a small place {hence, I suppose, its museum cupboard-ishness!}. Would I be happy if I simplified? Hmm. I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on the concept. Still ...
Shipping is tricky! An average box for us via USPS Priority is about $7-10. So that sounds about right, actually. Vintage items aren't as easy as say folding up a t-shirt into a tyvek envelope & calling it a day. Shh. It's a secret but we think packing & mailing is no fun!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I can't believe I ever forgot about that spectacular book! Library, here I come!
Staci: Thank you so much for your advice. I feel less sketchy, knowing that other Etsy sellers are charging similar shipping prices. And yay! to renewed interest in _I Capture the Castle_. I'm about to pry myself away from the computer as we speak ... ;)
ReplyDeleteShipping is super tough. It's easier when you collect smallish boxes (as I do) and have a little scale at home. Mine's a vintage kitchen scale and works quite nicely. With heavy items, though, it tends to be more expensive.
ReplyDeleteI'm all about simplifying! It calls attention to more special pieces. Though, it's super hard to decide which pieces are the most special!
Brittany: Thanks so much for the tips. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with the shipping end of things. A scale is on the top of my "Need to Buy" list. And yes, you're exactly right re: arrangements of special pieces. Initially, I went for a crowded wall look, which is lovely in its way ... but, now I'm craving simplicity. It's hard to undo all those nail holes, though! I'll keep you posted.
ReplyDeleteI have no advice!
ReplyDeleteBut I love your little shop, my dear.
And that book is such a wonderful, cozy read.
I just read I Capture the Castle like last week! It's lovely. I think you'll really enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteRachel: Thank you very much! I'm thrilled!
ReplyDeleteMelissa: How funny! So far, I'm completely immersed ... and loving every second.