While thrifting the other day, I found this oblong flower frog and realized it was perfect for holding up my ilee letterpress calendar {which, previously, would fall from my table multiple times daily}. The tips are super sharp {ouch!}, so this might find its way out of reach to avoid accidental finger punctures.
When I was a young girl, I dreaded Mondays. As early as Saturday night, I'd start up with the dread, certain that Monday was right around the corner. Strange, but here, at twenty-six years old, I'm a Monday person. I love Mondays. I love a new week, and look forward to it with a lot of hopefulness and ambition. I'd like to think this means I'm doing something right with my life, as it is these days ...
P.S. Oh, boy, am I getting jazzed up to tell you about my project. But, not yet! I promise, it's almost ready ...
When I was a young girl, I dreaded Mondays. As early as Saturday night, I'd start up with the dread, certain that Monday was right around the corner. Strange, but here, at twenty-six years old, I'm a Monday person. I love Mondays. I love a new week, and look forward to it with a lot of hopefulness and ambition. I'd like to think this means I'm doing something right with my life, as it is these days ...
P.S. Oh, boy, am I getting jazzed up to tell you about my project. But, not yet! I promise, it's almost ready ...
Maybe when I turn 26 next month I'll like mondays too. At this point they are still no fun!
ReplyDeleteOne, I wish that I was 26 again. Two, I am dying of suspense about your latest project.
ReplyDeletelol, i'm with you. i would dread, dread, dread them. and then something shifted. however, as of yet, i don't have a "normal" work week so they don't carry the same weight for me as they might for others.
ReplyDeletenow i have metamorphozed into housewife I like Mondays....no giant classes of university kids to teach and freak out about at 3am...lovely...
ReplyDeletelooks like a nice verandah...! you lucky thing.
oooh, i can't wait to see the project!!! xoxo.
ReplyDeleteOoooh! Perfect find.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are such a tease! Tell, tell, tell!
Love the idea of using a frog to hold up your calendar... And, I still dread Mondays after a full weekend of the whole family being together, Monday is such a drag! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the re-purposed frog!
ReplyDeleteCanNOT wait to hear what you've got brewing!
That flower frog (do you know why they're named that? I'd love to know!) is a genius loose calender holder! Also, that calendar is super awesome. What are you doing? Curious minds want to know :)
ReplyDeleteKittylou: That's because you're a real grown-up with a big-girl job ... which definitely has its perks, Ms. Savings Account ;) Mine is pitiful.
ReplyDeleteClare: Oh, 26 is so darn hectic. And a little scary. Let's trade ages.
Meg: Same here -- a nontraditional job{s} totally helps eliminate the Sunday/Monday blues. Sometimes, I even have Monday off! So, Sunday becomes Friday-like ...
Screamish: I didn't know you were a professor! I'd love to hear more.
Jessica: I can't wait to show it ... !
Rachel: I know, I'm really dragging this thing out, huh?
Tonya: Thanks! I think I'm pretty unusual with respect to Mondays. Though, I keep worrying that one Sunday, I'll wake up and completely dread the coming day once again.
Erin: Thanks! I'll reveal it soon, I promise.
Brittany: Good question -- I've no idea, but am curious, too. ilee makes really wonderful letterpress calendars every year. They're so great, I can't bear to toss them once the year's over. And yes, the reveal will happen in due time ;)