Friday, July 3, 2009

Hanging On Every Word

Inspired by her blog header, I'm sort of itching to begin
a collection of these:


from Elizabeth Wren Vintage


from Material Excess


from Kitchen Cupboard {a name after my own heart!}


from Peppermint Bark


I'd likely use the hangers for displaying a few prints I haven't gotten around to framing ... maybe even some more vintage postcards. Love notes, tea tags, favorite ribbon. Endless options.

But I'm also really keen on the idea of just letting them be: pounding a nail into the wall, hooking them on, and enjoying the way a good, old, wooden hanger speaks for itself.

Are you beginning any new collections, or have you admired another's collection{s} lately? Tell me about them.

2 comments:

  1. hey good idea about using them as hangers for posters etc...really good idea.

    I am collecting...old cameras....virgin mary statues and other religious kitsch....I went thru a phase of collecting our empty camembert boxes but couldnt think of anything to do with them so I threw them out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screamish: I *love* Virgin Mary statuettes, etc.! They look so good all clustered together. Will you ever post photos? I'm dying to see. And the camembert boxes? Wow, a good idea, though I can see how they'd probably pile up quickly. Maybe start saving them again and store buttons, clips, etc., and create a tall stack of them? That could look cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting The Museum Cupboard.