Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Meet Tessa

Last night, I was at a tea bazaar where a local artist had covered the walls in portraits. I mean, covered. It was something else. Each portrait was held in a simple wood frame that was flush with the canvas. Portraits are fascinating to me. That kind of unflinching conversation between the observer and the subject. I could look at portraits for days.

The above gocco-printed pieces are made by Etsy artist, Amanda Blake of thisisalliknow. They have the simplest, most enchanting titles: Tessa with an Egg, Tessa with a Secret, etc. I want them all, but mostly the egg and pomegranate ones.

I found Amanda Blake's work completely by chance while browsing Etsy last May. The print below stole my heart, and now it's hanging on a wall in my cupboard, still making me happy a year later. Can you read the handwriting? It says: "Charlotte and her imaginary friend always wore matching dresses." Swoon.



{Click on any image to link directly to its Etsy page,
except for the Charlotte print--click on that one to enlarge.}

3 comments:

Thank you for visiting The Museum Cupboard.