Please, send them all to me :p ! A month ago I spent a week in another city and they have a special street for antique stands,all kinds of marvels that my tiny town has no idea about and from all those marvels I picked a few old photos and postcards, some of them with cute messages on the back. I think that should be my next post... I love your idea ;)
I also thank you so much for your constant encouragements. Well, girls need sometimes a bit of drama in their lives, don't they?
Dia: How cool! I'm glad you snapped up a bunch -- they're everywhere, and need someone to love them {since it would seem they have no relatives keeping the pictures in albums}. I'm a rescuer of snapshot people, and I love that you are too :) I look forward to that next post ...
And yes, I suppose drama mixes things up a bit :) I'm so impressed by how strong you've been. I admire you, Dia. xoxox
I have a bad bad habit of collecting old photos. I used to like the formal portraits, but am now completely enamored with snapshots. It's really great to see that people were, in their hearts, exactly the same as we are today. I just picked up a bunch at a vintage shop the other day! Maybe I should share some on my blog...
Oh, and I include a vintage photo with every Etsy shipment!
Brittany: It couldn't possibly be a bad habit! You're saving the photos from a loveless fate! Making a two-dimensional family! It's noble, I tell you! :) Really, though, b+w snapshots are too much fun. There are a ton of stories behind each one. And how clever and sweet to include one with Etsy purchases! Lucky recipients!
All text and photographs on this blog, including its name, are the copyrighted material of The Museum Cupboard and its author, unless otherwise indicated. You may use or link to material on this blog provided you obtain the author's permission or include proper attribution.
Thank you kindly.
Please note: All Etsy photographs are the property of the individual Etsy sellers.
i once heard of a girl who put a fortune cookie fortune in every letter she mailed out. i love both ideas, desperately!
ReplyDeleteMeg: I love that idea. I'll have to start saving mine ... and eating more Chinese food!
ReplyDeletewhat an awesome idea! the fortune cookie one too! man, i wish i was cool like that.
ReplyDeleteNaomi: Thanks! And yes, Meg's friend's idea *is* great. I'm all about the snail mail love.
ReplyDeletePlease, send them all to me :p ! A month ago I spent a week in another city and they have a special street for antique stands,all kinds of marvels that my tiny town has no idea about and from all those marvels I picked a few old photos and postcards, some of them with cute messages on the back. I think that should be my next post...
ReplyDeleteI love your idea ;)
I also thank you so much for your constant encouragements. Well, girls need sometimes a bit of drama in their lives, don't they?
Dia: How cool! I'm glad you snapped up a bunch -- they're everywhere, and need someone to love them {since it would seem they have no relatives keeping the pictures in albums}. I'm a rescuer of snapshot people, and I love that you are too :) I look forward to that next post ...
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I suppose drama mixes things up a bit :) I'm so impressed by how strong you've been. I admire you, Dia. xoxox
I have a bad bad habit of collecting old photos. I used to like the formal portraits, but am now completely enamored with snapshots. It's really great to see that people were, in their hearts, exactly the same as we are today. I just picked up a bunch at a vintage shop the other day! Maybe I should share some on my blog...
ReplyDeleteOh, and I include a vintage photo with every Etsy shipment!
Brittany: It couldn't possibly be a bad habit! You're saving the photos from a loveless fate! Making a two-dimensional family! It's noble, I tell you! :) Really, though, b+w snapshots are too much fun. There are a ton of stories behind each one. And how clever and sweet to include one with Etsy purchases! Lucky recipients!
ReplyDelete