Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Something Else, Heartfelt

A book of love letters from over the centuries, personalized by me. I'll include glassine envelopes with notes to my friend and her husband-to-be, pressed flowers, and suggestions for special date nights. These bits will be tucked randomly throughout the book. For example, Lewis Carroll writes to May Mileham, "Thank you very much indeed for the peaches. They were delicious. Eating one was almost as nice as kissing you: of course not quite: I think, if I had to give the exact measurement, I should say 'three-quarters as nice.'" Tucked into this page, I might suggest: Buy a peach. A ripe one. Bite into it, chew, and swallow -- then offer the peach to your lover, and suggest he do the same. Kiss. Repeat bite-kiss procedure. Debate which is best ... ;)

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It's incredibly thoughtful, cute and fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very creative, and heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea the best so far. Really sweet. I would LOVE to get these notes as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh jeepers! I'm flattered. Thank you for these comments, ladies. This is so helpful ... and very encouraging. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting The Museum Cupboard.