Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pitter-Patter

Another rainy day here in Virginia. I'm not going to lie: I love it. I don't feel as guilty about closing myself inside to read and drink coffee; everything is so green and lush outside my porch door; and if I need to go out, I love to tuck my jeans into my leopard-print galoshes and aim for the puddles. These whimsical umbrellas are from the Umbrella Society, a website you never knew you needed to get lost on.

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh...I want the middle one. I need it because it's been raining for ten days straight here. My plants are drowning! I've ruined all of my shoes! I broke my umbrella!

    Thank you so much for you incredibly sweet comment about my news. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when it's raining outside and i'm warm and cosey inside watching from the window xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink, lime green and brown! with polka dots!! It can't get any better.

    Except I never use an umbrella. I think it's so much more fun to run in between the rain drops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P: Get thee to Umbrella Society! And congratulations, once again.

    Paris: Nice to meet you! I agree -- rainy days spent indoors are the best.

    Kittylou: I know, that one might be my favorite ... if my hair didn't frizz so darn much, I'd go umbrella-less, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i love the second one. it's been rainy here in ny too (i almost wish it was rain-i-er!). what i wouldn't give to have one of those umbrellas following me around. and i am so happy that you've found your love! i can't wait to share with you when ive found mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg: He's out there, dreaming of front stoops ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are so pretty. It's raining here too. And hot and humid though. That makes it not so enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin: Yuck! That kind of weather makes my curly hair go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just rented the umbrellas of Cherbourg. with one of these beauties I could dive into the film. really beautiful -

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily: Nice to meet you! I looove that movie -- we watched it in high school French class, and I thought Technicolor was just the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually love the rain, too, but today was awful! We went to the farmer's market and it was cold and windy. We bought plants there but couldn't plant them because it was pouring. Boo hoo! But, it's sunny now! I really could've used one of those awesome umbrellas. I really don't like all of the black and navy that you see around... I hope you got lots of relaxing, inside stuff done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting The Museum Cupboard.