Friday, February 13, 2009

Junk Shop Booty

You're looking at about $15 worth of goodness. The creamer just slays me, it's so cute. It's Balmoral China from England. The little hints of turquoise, the funky handle, and the overall silhouette made it a must-have. You can't quite tell from the first photo, but the shape starts out narrow and bells out toward the bottom.

The tea cup and bowl are both vintage Stoneware, which isn't anything fancy, but the patterns make me smile. They look like someone took a fine-tipped pen and went to town with some line drawings.

I practiced restraint at the junk shop; there was so much more that had me oohing and ahhing, but I had to think quick {I arrived only forty-five minutes before closing and had a lot of territory to cover}.

Happy Friday. I'll be popping in tomorrow, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. The tea cup is so sweet! (Surprise, surprise - I love a good tea cup).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel: Maybe one day I'll post the dregs of my teacup and you could read the leaves for me. Of course, first you'd have to buy (I know, I know, you're on the spending hiatus ... supposedly ;) this teacup off Etsy in order to interpret -- http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.54650025.jpg

    Cute, but not nearly as cute as the one you snapped up. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting The Museum Cupboard.