Today is Mr. Original's birthday. He's an old man. I wanted to show you how I wrapped up one of his presents because I think it looks pretty swell. Can't tell you what's inside ... a certain someone might be snooping. The paper is made by Cavallini and it's in a muted {and fairly masculine} color palette. I topped it off with brown satin ribbon.
P.S. The trick to a good wrapping job, as I learned in retail, is double-sided tape.
P.P.S. I have some junk shop finds to show you tomorrow. Off to bake a loaf of banana bread for the one I love.
You are an amazing wrapper! I have some sort of problem with double sided tape and it seems to stick to everything except the package. My fingers, my hair, the carpet, etc.
Rachel: Thank you! Many years of working in gift shops have served me well. I thought double-sided tape would be disastrous, but my most recent employer insisted upon it, so I had to teach myself. Some packages turn out better than others ;)
All text and photographs on this blog, including its name, are the copyrighted material of The Museum Cupboard and its author, unless otherwise indicated. You may use or link to material on this blog provided you obtain the author's permission or include proper attribution.
Thank you kindly.
Please note: All Etsy photographs are the property of the individual Etsy sellers.
You are an amazing wrapper! I have some sort of problem with double sided tape and it seems to stick to everything except the package. My fingers, my hair, the carpet, etc.
ReplyDeleteRachel: Thank you! Many years of working in gift shops have served me well. I thought double-sided tape would be disastrous, but my most recent employer insisted upon it, so I had to teach myself. Some packages turn out better than others ;)
ReplyDeleteHow creative!
ReplyDeleteI know what's inside ...
ReplyDelete