Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back To School: The Working Woman's Edition

Just in time for back-to-school season, I've gotten a bit of a promotion at work. So far, this promotion involves lots of important papers with information I'll need to refer to many times over the course of the next few months.

I must say, the two handiest tools I've incorporated into my routine are two tools I already owned. In the name of sharing a good thing, I'd like to introduce you to:

Moleskine 12 Months Monthly Notebook

A bit skeptical of the whole Moleskine scene, I put off test-driving this planner for as long as I could. But, following one too many one-month stands with weekly {and daily!} planners, I met my match in the month-at-a-glance variety. I realized I'm someone who needs always to see the bigger picture when it comes to planning and visualizing. I'm sold on this middle size, too -- not a pocket planner {too tough to write in}, and not a full-on notebook {makes me feel like I'm carrying a rollbook}, my Moleskine of choice measures in at 5 x 8.25 ... just right! A note to the wise: If you wait until November or December to make this purchase, you'll be sorely disappointed. Moleskine plannerse sell out fast and early!


Russell + Hazel Mini Binder

Originally selected as a potential planner {see above for information regarding one-month stands}, this fierce hot pink number finally revealed she never wanted to be a datebook. Turns out, when stocked with mini sheet protectors {wherein I store said important papers}, she happily transforms into the perfect handbook for the specifics of my promotion and title change.

Hurray for form and function, and back-to-school not-shopping!

10 comments:

  1. I agree. 500 days of summer was so real. I could barely watch the "expectations vs. reality" scene. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is just too precious.

    Love this moleskin planner! I love seeing the whole picture too. Thanks for reading my blog! I look forward to your updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. get that groove on lady--you got it! but man i know the feeling, especially when it comes to blogging!!

    1. i wish i was going back to school

    2. i love mini sheet protectors

    3. i want the two above listed items. badly.

    4. CONGRATS ON THE PROMO. wooohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!
    I used to love the moleskin monthly planner as well until I got my iPhone. I used to buy the moleskin in July because it was never avalible for long.
    Good luck with the new promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah for promotions!! Moving up in the food chain :)
    I love Moleskine notebooks (they're just so darn usable!) and have been skeptical about the planners. Mostly just because you can't open them and look at the organization in the store. But, knowing you like them... There is a lot to be said about seeing a whole month in front of you. I have a feeling this would really help me stay on top of school projects.... The ones that take more than a month to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg: Thank you, lady!

    Kittylou: Thanks so much! And yes, I'm hunting for my next Moleskine planner as we speak ...

    Brittany: Give it a try. Between the months are a couple of lined pages for notes, and after December, the rest of the notebook is lined paper as well. So, it's a datebook and notebook in one. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it can get any better!! You have me totally sold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Moleskine pocket notebooks too. They are so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, yay, yay! Congratulations to you!
    I have a terrible addiction to these Mead school planners that are only available right before school starts and are geared towards high school kids. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review! I'm in the market for a new planner as of Oct 1. Congrats on your promotion!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brittany: Yay! Let me know how it works for you.

    Leigh: Indeed. The paper is just the right smoothness for all kinds of pens, too.

    Rachel: Thank you, lady! I'm curious to discover these Mead planners you speak of ...

    Erin: Thanks so much! Let me know what planner you wind up choosing. I love a good success story :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting The Museum Cupboard.